The weekend was incredibly eventful. A total blast, and somehow it just wore me out! Being with my mom was phenomenal. It is always a good time when I get to be with her, no matter where we are or what we're doing. We had a fairly busy schedule of fun activities including shopping, meals, concert going, meals, walking, meals, and movies! It was a pretty hot weekend so that made it even more exhausting for little old me. I was also going through some personal stuff which was a bit distracting and I could have done without it, but I was happy to have my mom there to help me through it.
Though she would probably prefer that I leave this out, I also didn't get the best sleep possible over the weekend because I was rooming with a buzz saw. Yes, my mom snores. (Sorry mom, it's true!) I was surprised the first night because it really didn't bother me that much. But the second night I had to break out the ear plugs. Oh, and the pillow over my head. I also wore an eye cover for good measure. The Crowne Plaza hotel is so good to me... free anti-snore kit.
We went to the Michael Buble concert on Saturday and it was a blast. We went and saw him a couple of years ago, so it was not our first Michael experience. But this one was definitely as enjoyable as the last. He was funny and charming and talented and everything you would expect. We also had an opportunity to take this little gem of a picture. I will leave it up to you to interpret what Tammi is doing...
She will tell you it's not what it looks like, but I still think it's pretty funny. The best part is that this picture was up on the screen before the concert. Delight!
I was sad to see my mom go, but I will hopefully get to see her again in a few weeks. Just got to get past this pesky 4th of July workfest. Yes, you understood correctly; I have to work on the 4th of July... aka the source of all that is wicked and unholy on the earth. I will probably delve into more detail on that topic later, but quite frankly it depresses me and I don't feel like crying right now.
Well, it's almost 10:00... my bed time. I've got a date with my pillow so I'll have to catch up with you later. Here's to the rest of the week being better than today!
No comments:
Post a Comment