10.11.2010

For when the wine is in, the wit is out

It's just after 7pm and it's dark outside. I would like to pretend that my clock is deceiving me and that this does not mean that winter is on the way. I know we're still living in fall right now, but it's hard for me to just appreciate the small joys that fall brings while all I can think of is the fact that it will be cold and miserable soon. The leaves are just starting to change colors and even since last Friday have become more vibrant and beautiful. I do love the colorful trees, but I would take the color green any day, especially because I know that colors means they will become brown and then they will fall.

Did you enjoy your daily dose of pessimism? I'm not sure why I let that go on for so long... I'm actually in a pretty good mood. I am a little exhausted from a wild weekend, but I am relieved that Monday is over and that means we're just that much closer to the weekend! (How's that for glass half full?)

My weekend was definitely a different one! Woke up Saturday morning around 5:30 to get ready to hit the road to St. Charles, Missouri for a day-long winery/party bus/bachelorette/crazy fest! It was the perfect girls weekend with Tammi and Tiffani. The party was in honor of a friend of the Knipp's future daughter-in-law, also known as Anthony/Tiffani's friend's fiance. So basically it was a stretch that I was in attendance, considering I had never met the girl before. Luckily, she was such a sweet girl and was just looking for everyone to have a blast. We loaded a party bus with 43 girls and went to various wineries in the Augusta/Defiance/[insert other Missouri towns here] area and ended the night at a bar in downtown St. Charles... a place I had never been to before, despite having lived in St. Louis my whole life.
60 bottles of wine later (I can only imagine that there was actually more consumed than that between all of the girls), it was a pretty ridiculous time, and I was so happy to be included. I definitely payed for it the next day (mainly due to lack of sleep) but it was so worth it. I haven't laughed that much in a long time! (P.S. I have other more incriminating photos, but I am sparing our dignity.)

I know in the last post I promised that I would speak on the topic of my parents' absence from the United States, but I am actually doing OK with it. I know, what 23 year old even cares if her parents are here or there or anywhere? (...I do.) But they actually called last night! I got to talk to them for about 2 1/2 minutes and it was great to hear their voices! It probably cost them a pretty penny to call, but I just hope they know that I really appreciated it and can't wait for them to get home. I will tell you all about their fun adventures another time, but I just want to report back to you all that they are fine and well and having a good time! Gotta run, but I will try to get back on here soon. (Only one more disc of Arrested Development to go...)

No comments:

Post a Comment