What began as a lazy Sunday suddenly turned into one of the most productive days I can remember. After the good sun was gone and I had gotten my fill of laying out, I decided to do some laundry. Who knew that "some laundry" turned into washing everything and then cleaning the entire house (including my room *gasp*) and Hef's cage!
I feel like cleaning the house is all I did all weekend... We had a BBQ on Saturday and that required doing yard work on Friday (one of my favorite activities... I'm lying.) I wonder how many calories you burn while mowing the lawn. With a push mower. When the grass is reallllly long. If the sweat that I worked up was any indication, I'd say it was OK that I skipped the gym that day.
I did a tidy-up inside the house before the BBQ and a clean-up afterwards. There were lots of dishes and empty beer bottles to be attended to. Just when I had everything all cleaned up and back to normal, we decided to have a late night treat/science project and mix 7up and rainbow sherbert. This little trip back to 5th grade not only produced a few sugar highs, but also an extremely sticky mess.
Side note: Isn't it funny how 3 years ago, had we decided to make 7up and sherbert punch on a Saturday night, it would have been a) used as a mixer for vodka or b) created as a product of drinking vodka beforehand. A lot has changed since college.
Anywho, the sherbert punch was delicious and a hilarious activity. Maybe it was worth the mess... and breaking my diet.
I don't know what little burst of energy lit that fire under my butt today to get the house all pretty, but I am glad it happened. It's always nice to do a little spring cleaning and get good use out of a free Sunday. I just wish tomorrow wasn't Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment