Despite all of the uprooting and living out of a suitcase, the last couple of weeks have been really fun. I feel like I am having a lot of good experiences all in a short while and I know I will reflect on these times fondly.

Chicago was a blast! We went to Navy Pier, took a Frank Lloyd Wright home/studio tour, went to a fashion show, saw a couple of exhibits at the new Modern Art Museum, ate a lot of sickeningly rich foods, had the best buffet EVER at the House of Blues!, and much more.
-->SIDE NOTE: I love buffetts. I think they are fantastic. I love how you can take what you want and how much you want, and there is always a variety. Am I the only one in the world who thinks food tastes better if it's part of a buffett?
Needless to say, I left with good memories, a couple of souvenirs, great networking contacts and 5 pounds of extra body fat (I hope that is an exaggeration...).
I went with my parents for an annual conference for the ICSC and I had the opportunity to meet many interesting people. I definitely got a face work out because I was smiling 24/7. My first order of business on the car ride home was to frown-- frown like I had never frowned before! I have used this weekend back in St. Louis to do anything BUT networking. I had my fill for a couple of days.
On another topic, Courtney leaves for New York tomorrow. I cannot believe the time has come. I am taking her departure as the official end of summer. I know summer has been over for a while for most of you, but I have been secretly denying that all this time. But now, I think it's really over. I am so excited for her to embark on this new stage of life! I guess I should say I am so excited for US to embark on this new stage of life because starting tomorrow I will be living vicariously through her.
No comments:
Post a Comment