It seems as though the time has come to officially break out of my college-life cocoon and metamorphose into a townie butterfly. I am now a Lawrence townie! Weird, huh?
Going to KU gave me a purpose, a goal, a work out facility, a network of friends and an array of resources and each of these things were handed to me. Now I have to find all of these things on my own. The use of a gym, for instance-- Without being a KU student, I obviously can't use the KU Rec Center that I have been going to for the past 4 years. Now I must go out on my own, find a gym, and (here's the kicker--) PAY MONEY to work out there. (Ha)
Speaking of money... I now must find a way to MAKE some. With my life of short term goals and "just gotta get through the semester" mentality behind me, it's time to move into something more official, more challenging and certainly more boring.
I will not go into specifics here for obvious reasons, but I have been doing a lot of "faux interviews" lately. I call them that because I have been interviewing like a crazy person, but there are no positions. (Hence the "faux"). I have been gaining invaluable interviewing experience and networking opportunities, but the bottom line is that I am still jobless.
I will certainly not turn down the opportunity to talk to anyone since you never know which door you put your foot in will swing open, but the lack of real positions is making me feel a little disheartened. I know that the job for me will come along eventually, it's just that I am beginning to think that it might be farther in the future than I would like.
I'm not going to pretend like I'm the only person going through this right now, but it's just kinda hard. I am not complaining (yet), because I am enjoying my down-time (my house is REALLY CLEAN), but I just thought I could share a bit with you about what's going on in my "in between stage" right now.
So there you have it. I don't think I am quite a townie butterfly yet, but I have definitely broken out of my cocoon. I'll let you know when I get my wings.
No comments:
Post a Comment