3.18.2010

By the beard of Johann

This week with Johann has been thoroughly enjoyable for both of us. At least I hope he has found it enjoyable... I would like to think of myself as a pretty decent human companion.


We have had our ups and downs, but mainly just ups. There was that one time he woke up at midnight and thought it would be fun to let out a shrill death bark (aka making me nearly wet the bed), but perhaps what I will remember most are our delightful cuddles sessions. OH did we cuddle. Though he disagrees with my use of technologies and would rather chase a squirrel up a tree than just chill and go for a leisurely walk, I can't complain.

We walked down to Mass Street for the St. Patrick's Day parade yesterday. There were lots of dogs there, but JoJo was definitely the cutest. He had his little sweater on and a set of green beads (I couldn't let him get pinched, could I?)

I liked to pretend that he was my dog. (Don't tell Craig!) People would stop and say "Well isn't he cute!?" and I would just smile like a proud mama. (Don't tell Hef!)

It's funny because I was thinking this week would be a good test to see if I wanted to get a dog of my own. And I won't lie to you, I totally went into it thinking that the experience would lead me to the conclusion that I don't want a dog. However, it really has shown me the opposite. Maybe it was a biased "dog test" because Johann is the coolest dog ever (tied with Rufus) and he and I just have this awesome bond. Obviously it helps that he is potty trained and out of that crazy puppy stage, but I think a puppy would be a fun challenge. Plus, if I had a puppy, I could raise it along side Hef, and then maybe the dog wouldn't feel the need to taunt my poor rabbit every time they laid eyes on each other. (Let's just say Hef is not too happy with me after this week...)

The only catch in this whole situation is that I have been all alone this week. I didn't have to worry about anybody else but myself. In light of this, I was able to dedicate my every waking (and sleeping) moment to Johann's needs. I got to plan my day around taking care of him, except for work, of course. I know a puppy would be a lot more difficult to dedicate yourself to when you have a boyfriend and social circle around you. I think if I was single, I would get a puppy in a heartbeat. But since I am not, I guess I will have to give it a little more thought. (Not saying that I wish I was single, I couldn't be happier that I am in a relationship!) I just certainly don't want to neglect my boyfriend either!

Maybe I just have to hint a little harder that I want a puppy for our anniversary ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment