I did not have school today. In fact, I will never have school again for the rest of my life. I SO did not have school that I slept-in until after noon and the most active thing that I did today was paint my toenails on my front porch ("Party in my Cabana" by OPI-- if you don't already have it, you should go buy it. It's summer in a bottle).
And even though I am very good at sleeping-in and doing nothing (ask my dear mother), it just felt wrong today. While my friends and my boyfriend were off meeting new teachers and reading syllabi (aka completing the sudoku in the campus newspaper), I was at home. Alone. With LITERALLY nothing to do.
This is where my quarter life crisis comes in. I should be feeling the joys of summertime slipping through my fingertips, that gut-wrenching feeling of knowing there are months of tests, papers and reading ahead. But all I feel is uncertainty.
What you must know about me is I am one of those lame kids who actually enjoyed going to school because I like a routine and I like having tangible goals to work towards. Well, that chapter of my life is over. As a college graduate entering the workforce (or trying to) in the WORST economy for a long time, this "in between phase" is not as fun as it sounds.
So as not to be a complete Debbie Downer, I added this adorable photo of my boyfriend, Anthony, getting ready for his first day of Law School at KU.
ENJOY!
I like the Anthony tool pic. Classic, he shuold make it his FB profile pic.
ReplyDeleteI should have done a back to school pick. I have held off on a backpack so far but my back is killing me!
ReplyDelete