I wouldn't say I was totally oblivious to the fact that I occasionally looked like an idiot, I just think that I was having fun and didn't care. I'm sure I thought I was cool. Who knows, maybe I was! haha.
Let's begin with one of my favorite accessories, the jewel-tone stick-on tear drop.
Yes, that green spot below my eye was intentional. I don't remember how it began, but I guess I took it upon myself to reinvent the use of the stick on earring. (Why did I have stick-on earrings anyway? hmmm). You will also notice that the green tear drop matches my green earrings and most likely also matched my flip flops, belt and purse. I was a big fan of the coordinated accessories! (Oh, and hey Bill!)I have always been a big fan of bright colors.

Pair them with a trucker hat, and you've got a kick ass outfit! Don't I look awesome? You can draw your own conclusions to why I am making fun of myself for this outfit. (Notice I am in public).
Well HELLLLOOOO hotstuff! I am atop the leaning tower of Piza (yes, I know I served as a physical reinforcement of the American stereotype in Italy) rockin this short Juicy zip-up (high school mistakes... just cause it's Juicy doesn't mean it's cute) along with the world's ugliest rain coat, awesome hair 'doo, ETC.
Who let me wear this ensemble? Really mom?! I was also with my highly fashion-conscious friend Barrie who also let me leave the hotel looking like this. Yikes. I know this photo in particular will come back to haunt me, but I guess that's the point of this entry, yes? If you can't poke fun at yourself, then... you suck. (? I've never been good with sayings).Here are a couple more random shots of my delicious teenage style. Eat your heart out, Miley Cyrus.


I feel as though these pics really capture the essence of me. The homemade t-shirt with skirt over jeans (we were ALL about the freaking homemade t-shirts. "It's Ady's b-day tomorrow, what should we do?! MAKE T-SHIRTS OF COURSE!")-- classic! And who could overlook my incredible ability to dress to theme. (OK, so I can't really make fun of that one bc I still do it. And I still own all of the super American articles of cothing that make up that outfit.) But I could never pass up a holiday or occasion that allowed me to go over-the-top to let everyone know that I came to party. And in this case that I am America's #1 Fan!
Well this has been a fun jaunt down memory lane. I didn't touch on nearly all of my wonderful style creations of my past, but I feel like I have tortured you enough for today.
I'm not saying that I have impecable style these days either. Chances are you will find me wearing sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt (and if you catch me on a friday, I prob won't be wearing a bra in honor of No Bra Fridays) because that is pretty much all I wear. But I have retired the jewel-tone tear drop, which I feel like is a pretty big deal.
And for the record, I am still bitter that the ankle sweatband fad never caught on.
No comments:
Post a Comment