It was silly to think that I could avoid committing the crime of gluttony yesterday. I mean come on... it was the Superbowl! Plus we hosted a party and had lots and lots of food. LOTS! Just sitting there... looking up at us like "pleaseee eat meeee!"
I decided to make chili because it's just not a football game without chili! (Maybe that is the root of my constant battle with food...?) I told myself that I would just have to limit myself to one small bowl of chili. And I am proud to say that I succeeded in holding up that promise to myself. The problem was all of the other hundred million things that I ate.
I know that the act of mindless overeating has the ability to get a person down, especially when they are working REALLY HARD to eat healthy, but in the long run, it's just one day! I have had to tell myself that all day. I have noticed a lack of energy today and I even feel a bit "hungover" (which is funny because I had 1/2 of a beer...). I am blaming the junk food. My body is not used to digesting that many empty calories in that short period of time.
What I am taking away from the Superbowl binge-fest is that it's ok to be bad every once in awhile, you just have to pay for it. Whether that means dealing with feeling kind of icky the next day or spending extra time doing cardio, one day is not going to ruin your whole personal fitness goal.
SO, with the publishing of this blog post, I am putting my transgressions of yesterday behing me, putting on my tennis shoes and heading to the gym. See ya!
P.S. I have to say my fave Superbowl commercial was the Bud Light T-Pain AutoTune ad. What was your favorite?
I'm with you on the man...wish I hadn't eaten all that front... went for a run today though!
ReplyDelete