10.01.2009

The Reasons I Love October


Happy October, ya'll!

I am so excited that it is finally October. Even though my favorite seasons are Summer and Spring, October is pretty high on my list of best times of the year. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Firstoff-- it's Baseball Playoffs!!! There's something about baseball in October that just makes me feel all tingly inside. You probably already know that I am a huge Cardinals fan, and I would have to say that though I love them all year, I love them most in the post-season. It most likely has to do with our recent successes after the regular season.
When I was a sophomore in college (many moons ago), we won the World Series and it was an INCREDIBLE time. Just a couple of years before that, we were also in the Series, but lost to the lame-city BoSox. (I am not a fan). So St. Louis has gained quite a reputation of being valuable in the post-season. [Insert an arsenal of Cubs jokes here].

Some of my best memories of high school are of making my costume for the halloween dance while watching NLCS playoff games. What an amazing time in my life.

I'm not talking the Cards all up saying that they will go all the way this year (though I would LOVE that--and they will *knock on wood*), I'm just saying that even the fact that we've made it to the post-season for another delightful year is enough to make October great.

Reason #2... Halloween! I have already admitted to you that dressing to theme is my lifeblood. Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays (only second to 4th of July-- xoxo America!) and it seems that Halloween in college was on steroids. Though I am no longer in college, I imagine this year to be pretty similar to how it was the last 4 years. Most years, I would rock at least 3 costumes.

As a kid, Halloween is a day; one great day with one costume and lots of candy. In college, it is a marathon weekend. You need your Thursday costume for the house party, your Friday costume for the Hawk and your Saturday costume for Abe n Jakes (hopefully we will not use this same itinerary this year as I have become the "creepy old chick" at these infamously underage bars). What will it be like as an "in-betweener?"

P.S. Not sure what my costume(s) will be yet. I will be sure to fill you in when I know.

There are other reasons as to why I love this autumn month, but they do not hold a candle to the previously aforementioned explanations. However, the fact that I can start making chili again might come close.
I. Love. Chili. Yes, each of those words deserve their own sentence because I love it THAT much! Care to challenge me? I have eaten chili by the pool on a hot August day. I would pick Chili as my #1 late-night food no matter how intoxicated I may be (shout out to Steak'n'Shake!). I would take a bath in chili if I could, but I wouldn't want to waste all of that meaty goodness! (Too far?)

Now that I have sufficiently creeped you out, I will refrain from listing the rest of my "Why I Love October" list but I will just mention that Anthony did say we could go to a pumpkin patch this year. Now he can't back out because all of my blog readers can speak on my behalf! All 4 of them.

1 comment: