My name is Sara and I am a somnambulist.
It was a typical Tuesday morning... my alarm (I use my Blackberry as an alarm) went off to wake me up for work. When I grabbed my phone off of my night stand to shut it off, I couldn't seem to get it to stop blaring. However, the screen was displaying no activity. I held it close to my ear, and in my sleepy haze I ingeniously deduced that the sound was not coming from my phone, but from across the room.
I looked at the clock and it wasn't even the correct time for me to wake up, I still had an extra hour of sleep to attend to! Completely confused, I followed the sound to the other side of my room and found that my desk drawer was open. And what was right on top? My old Blackberry... with the alarm going off.
I haven't turned my old phone on since I got my new one, which had been over a month. I also rarely go in that desk drawer, so I know for a fact that it wasn't open the night before when I went to sleep. Additionally, Rachel and Joey were back home in Abilene for the night, so I know neither of them were playing a prank on me. (However, I would be totally impressed in general if Joey ever came into my room, opened my drawer, turned on my old cell phone AND set the alarm... all without opposable thumbs. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on him!)
So, long story short, the only explanation is that I sleep walked, right? What other theories do you guys have?
I am just happy I didn't make my way to the kitchen... it could have been a lot worse...
No comments:
Post a Comment