8.29.2010

The Empire Strikes Back

Noticed a familiar itch on my ankle the other day. Looks like Christmas has come early in the Flea world.

Didn't think much of it when I had a scabby bite on my right ankle, especially after my brief foray in the art of landscaping last week. Until today when I attempted to do laundry... That's how this story always begins. I'm just minding my own business, pouring detergent into the washer when I am ambushed by countless dirt-like specks jumping on and off my legs.

We found a single flea on Joey late last week, but didn't think much of it because Rachel uses Frontline on him and we knew after a fresh application that he would be ok. I knew "flea season" was approaching, but didn't think it would come so soon! Last year it wasn't until mid-late September. But alas... the bites have arrived and the exterminator has been called. He is coming tomorrow afternoon! Phew!

Does this mean we will also have a sewage back-up, garbage disposal failure, oven breaking, and/or alarm malfunction soon? Because these types of things don't just come up one at a time. Just like Pringles... you can't have just one. Except, I'd like to go on the record here and say that I don't like Pringles, and I believe that I could have just one. Ya hear that, house? Let's take care of the flea infestation and chill out for awhile. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment